Why visit or live at Lake Chapala (Top 10)12 abril, 2012
Top 10 reasons to come an visit or living at the Lake Chapala area:
I made my own list in random order but you just add and add to your liking.
- One of the best climates in the world. One can see people running around in shorts and T-shirts the whole year. There should be no such thing as low and high season – each one of them has its beauty.
- Friendly people wherever you look. Small villages so you get to know your neighbours, and everybody is practically one.
- Mix of nationalities. Besides Mexicans you run into Canadiens, US citizens, Europeans, Central and South Americans, … and they normally do get along very well!
- Simplicity of life. I think it has to do with the weather and it also lies in the Mexican genes.
- Guadalajara, one of the biggest cities in the world, is only an hours drive away if you miss the big crowd and trafic rush. It also features an international airport.
- Ajijic is know for its big artist community. I think you could go to an art or cultural event basically every day of the week. Or even better become an artist yourself.
- Delicious food. Who does not like the posole, tacos, birria, tamales, burritos, mole, chiles (step by step and I have not mastered the habanero yet myself), empanadas, etc, etc
- Huge variation of drinks like freshly squeezed juices, aguasfrescas, local beer, tequila, Atole, Jamaica, etc, etc
- Festivities all year round. Especially in winter season it seems like there is no day without something going on. From cultural to religious to culinary and much more.
- Last but not least the incredible gorgeous surrounding with the mountains on one and Lake Chapala on the other side. Nestled inbetween lie cozy villages.
Esta entrada fue publicada en Sin categoría. Guarda el enlace permanente.